Davido, whose real name is David Adedeji Adeleke, is a popular Nigerian musician, songwriter, and record producer. He was born on November 21, 1992, in Atlanta, Georgia, USA, but grew up in Lagos, Nigeria. Davido is known for his unique style of music, which blends Afrobeat and other genres. He has won several awards for his outstanding performances, including the BET Award for Best International Act in 2018. In this article, we will be sharing 40 interesting and amazing fun facts about Davido.
||David Adedeji Adeleke
|Date of Birth
||November 21, 1992
|Place of Birth
||Atlanta, Georgia, USA
||Musician, Producer, Philanthropist
||2011 – Present
|British International School, Lagos
|Oakwood University, Alabama, USA (dropped out)
|Released debut single “Back When” in 2011
|Founder of DMW (Davido Music Worldwide) record label
|Released several hit songs, including “Fall,” “If,” and “Assurance”
|Won several awards, including BET Award for Best International Act in 2018
|Record producer for several Nigerian artists
|Actor in several Nigerian movies
|Philanthropist and founder of the David Adeleke Foundation
|Tech enthusiast and investor in Nigerian startups
Fun Facts about Davido
- Davido was born in Atlanta, Georgia, USA, but grew up in Lagos, Nigeria.
- His father, Adedeji Adeleke, is a billionaire businessman and philanthropist.
- Davido is the youngest of five siblings.
- He attended the British International School in Lagos.
- Davido studied Business Administration at Oakwood University in Alabama, USA, but dropped out to pursue a music career.
- He released his debut single, “Back When,” in 2011.
- Davido’s music blends Afrobeat, R&B, and hip-hop.
- He has released several hit songs, including “Fall,” “If,” and “Assurance.”
- Davido is also a record producer.
- He has produced songs for several Nigerian artists, including Tiwa Savage and Mayorkun.
- Davido is the founder of DMW (Davido Music Worldwide), a record label that has signed several Nigerian artists.
- He has won several awards for his outstanding performances, including the BET Award for Best International Act in 2018.
- Davido is a philanthropist and has donated to several causes in Nigeria.
- He has supported education, health, and poverty alleviation initiatives.
- Davido is a fan of football and supports the English Premier League club, Manchester United.
- He is also a fan of basketball and supports the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Davido is a lover of cars and owns several luxury cars, including a Rolls Royce and a Lamborghini.
- He is also a fashion enthusiast and has collaborated with several fashion brands.
- Davido is a lover of food and enjoys trying out new dishes.
- He is a family man and loves spending time with his children and family.
- Davido is a multilingual musician and sings in English, Yoruba, and Pidgin.
- He has collaborated with several international artists, including Chris Brown and Nicki Minaj.
- Davido is also an actor and has appeared in several Nigerian movies.
- He has also voiced characters in animated movies.
- Davido is a tech enthusiast and has invested in several tech startups in Nigeria.
- He has launched a mobile game, “30 Billion Gang,” based on his hit song, “If.”
- Davido is a pet lover and has a dog named 30 Billion.
- He is also a travel enthusiast and has visited several countries around the world.
- Davido is a fitness enthusiast and loves to work out.
- He has endorsed several fitness brands in Nigeria.
- Davido is a mentor to many young Nigerian musicians and has supported their careers.
- He is also a role model to many young Nigerians and has spoken out against drug abuse and other social vices.
- Davido has a close relationship with his fans and engages with them on social media.
- He has over 20 million followers on Instagram.
- Davido has a charitable foundation, the David Adeleke Foundation, which supports education and poverty alleviation in Nigeria.
- He is also an ambassador for several brands, including Infinix Mobile, Pepsi, and Closeup. Davido has also collaborated with several brands on limited edition products, including a customized whiskey bottle with Hennessy and a limited edition watch with Icebox Jewelry.
- In 2020, Davido released his third studio album, “A Better Time,” which features collaborations with several international artists, including Lil Baby, Nas, and Young Thug.
- Davido is known for his energetic and lively performances, which often involve his signature dance moves.
- He has performed at several international events, including the MOBO Awards and the Wireless Festival in the UK.
- Davido’s net worth is estimated to be around $40 million, making him one of the wealthiest musicians in Africa.
Davido is a talented musician, producer, and philanthropist who has made significant contributions to the Nigerian music industry and beyond. He is a source of inspiration to many young Nigerians and has shown that with hard work, dedication, and talent, anything is possible. Through his music, Davido has brought joy to millions of people around the world and continues to be a force to reckon with in the music industry.